Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chinese egg rolls

I'm not quite sure why they call them egg rolls, the recipe doesn't call for any egg ingredients inside. So I guess you can call them spring rolls? I made these for a church potluck lunch. The filling is ground pork with shredded cabbage, carrot, seasoned with a bit of peanut butter and sesame oil. The first few I fried using my wok, but since I was planning to fry another 50 more, I decided to use a friend's deep fryer so that it would be faster, cleaner and wouldn't get my home smelling like a fast food restaurant. They were simple to make, and very popular since I only had 4 rolls left after the lunch. I was lazy and didn't seal each rice wrapper with the egg and flour mixture before frying so some wrappers opened slightly but never fully came apart. Probably something I'll do next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment