Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters

The most recent (August 2011) issue of the Food & Wine magazine features a seemingly easy and healthy recipe to make zucchini-ricotta fritters. Zucchini is in season so I thought I'd give it a try. The only ingredient that I had to get other than zucchini was ricotta cheese. The recipe called for fresh sheep ricotta cheese. How troublesome to find! So I just substituted low-fat ricotta cheese and it tasted fine to me.

I ate three pieces in the making. :O I read that fritters should be runny so I probably overcooked them. Plenty of ricotta cheese left so maybe I'll try next week after I come back from my retreat this weekend.

Zuchinni, cheese, eggs, flour, salt, pepper, lemon zest
The fritters, take 1. Still pretty yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment