Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bizarro Clam Linguine

A group of my friends had wanted to go out to eat and we just searched online for a nearby restaurant with good ratings. After checking out the website I realized that it was even featured on Food Network! The dinner ended up being canceled but I noticed that there were recipes on its website for two of the signature dishes, one of then being the clam linguine. It was actually rather easy to make. I wasn't able to find fresh linguine and used the store bought in a box Barillo brand. I didn't realize how expensive pancetta is so for the second batch I substituted with bacon. Anything with bacon tastes good right? And using the thinly sliced bacon one can hardly taste the difference when cut into small pieces. For the white wine, I chose to use sauvignon blanc as it is dry and pairs well with the clams.

No comments:

Post a Comment