Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tiramisu

Tiramisu not only takes forever to make from scratch, but it is also very very tricky! The first time we made the cake, it didn't rise. The second time I made it, I tried taking it out of the baking pan before it had fully cooled and it broke into pieces. I made the cake a third time, but never quite mastered cutting the cake into layers. So with this third batch, I made two thinner cakes so I wouldn't have to cut layers. Cheater, I know!
The cake was a bit too dry for my liking, but the rum and mascarpone compensated by making the cake rich.
You don't want the mascarpone and heavy cream when whipped to sit too long as it will fall and not be so airy. At the same time, you don't want to over-whip. Next time I will try making lady fingers as the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment