Saturday, February 26, 2011

Portland

I went on a business trip to Portland and decided to do some exploring around the city. My friend who I was with had lived at Portland for several years so she knew where to go! Wasn't I lucky?

We visited Stumptown Coffee Roasters. I'm not a big coffee drinker at all, so this was more educational than anything to me. What a science to get the perfect roast!

For dinner, we visited Saburo's for some quality sushi. I was told that the line can get long since they are only open for dinner. We got there at 6pm and waited for about an hour before being seated.
Three hungry girls have a huge appetite!
Big 'O' Roll, Spicy Maguro
Salmon, River Eel, Yellowtail
Deluxe Assortment
Sashimi
I was stuffed, but being my first real visit to Portland my friends urged me to go to Papa Haydn for dessert. It's to die for, I was told. Did it live up to its expectations? Sure did!

We got there late at night - many were already eaten! :(
But still many to choose from!
Chocolate Truffle Cake.
Super fudgy chocolate cake layered with dark chocolate and white chocolate genache, covered with a white chocolate frosting.
I decided on Boccone Dolce.
Swiss meringues drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate, layered with fresh fruit and chantilly cream.

Lemon Chiffon Cake
An airy lemon cake layered with lemon curd and creme fraiche. Finished with lemon-Italian buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment